- I - Inspect, and if necessary correct, clean or replace.
- L - Lubricate with specified lubricant.
- R - Replace or change.
- T - Tighten to proper torque
- A - Adjust.
- X - Perform.
- D - Disassemble (lube and inspect).
- R - Change engine oil and filter.
- I - Inspect air cleaner, service as required.
- RI - Change primary chaincase lube and clean drain plug.
- I - Check and adjust rear belt.
- A - Adjust primary chain.
- I - Clutch adjustment.
- R - Change transmission lubricant and clean drain plug.
- I - Inspect brake pad linings and discs for wear.
- I - Check brake fluid reservoir levels and condition.
- I - Inspect oil lines and brake system for leaks.
- IL - Lubricate front brake hand lever, throttle control cables, clutchcontrol cables (and hand lever), and rear brake pedal bushing (if applicable).
- L - Lubricate jiffy stand
- A - Dyna models
- A - FLT models
- A - Softail models
- A - Sportster models
- AL - Springer models
- I - Check, adjust operation of enrichener, throttle control.
- I - Inspect fuel valve, lines and fittings for leaks.
- I - Check operation of all electrical equipment & switches.
- I - Check cruise control disengage switch & components.
- I - Check battery and clean connections.
- I - Change spark plugs.
- I - Check tire pressure and inspect tread.
- X - Adjust springer rocker bearings.
- I - Check air suspension - pressure, operation & leakage.
- Check stabilizer links and engine mounts.
- T - Check tightness of all critical fasteners: hand controls, brake system, axle nuts, front fork components, riser and handlebar fasteners.
- L - Lubricate hinges, latches - fuel door, tour-pak, saddlebags.
- I - Check engine idle speed.
- X - Road test.
Your first service is an important service. Your first 1,600 KMS on your brand new Harley-Davidson® motorcycle is considered the initial break-in period. This is the service where you want to make sure any adjustments to your drive belt, front end, or critical fasteners are completed so that you can get the most out of your new motorcycle, wherever it takes you. It is so much more than just an oil change.
AT 5,000 MILES / 8,000 KILOMETERS
Our skilled technicians are here to tackle any customization project for you.
When it comes to quality, we use only Genuine Harley-Davidson® Motor Accessories.
Chrome Fork Assembly Installation
Genuine Motor Accessories Installation
Handlebar and Cabling Installation
Wheel Mounting & Balancing
When the factory condition isn't enough, our technicians can tune your stock motorcycle into a radical performance machine.
Turn to the pros at Rocky's Harley-Davidson!
Screamin' Eagle® Performance Parts
EFI Performance Kits